This dialog allows you to create and edit playlists, play patches, assign keys to patches, and control autoplay. To show or hide the dialog, use View/Playlist or Shift+L. The dialog has its own menus, which differ from the main window's menus, e.g. the File menu opens and saves playlists instead of patches. The dialog's controls are as follows:
- This is the list of patches in the current bank. To play a patch, double-click its name in the list. The list can be edited, using cut and paste or dragging; for details, see editing playlists.
- This drop-list allows you to select a bank. Banks that contain patches can also be selected via the numeric keys, but to select an empty bank, you must use the drop-list.
- Assign key
- This hotkey control allows you to assign a shortcut key to a patch; for details, see assigning keys.
- This button affects autoplay mode. When it's pressed, the patches are played in random order; otherwise, they're played sequentially.
- This button enables autoplay mode. When it's pressed, Whorld plays the patches automatically, like a jukebox. The order depends on the Shuffle setting (see above). The duration of each patch is determined by Patch seconds (see below).
- Patch seconds
- This edit box affects autoplay mode: it sets the duration of each patch, i.e. the interval between patch changes, in seconds. It also sets the range of the Crossfade seconds slider (see below).
- Crossfade seconds
- These controls allow you to specify the playlist's crossfade time, in seconds. When the time is non-zero, each patch change starts an automated crossfade to the new patch.